T1049 One Day Tuk Tuk Adventure with elephant care and bamboo rafting
Price From : 4,800 Baht 5,000 Baht
On this day tour, you will get to drive your very own tuk-tuk for the day! the day's tuk-tuk driving will also be combined with some elephant interaction and care at one of the area's most ethical elephant camps and some bamboo rafting to finish!
As a visitor to Thailand taking a tuk-tuk ride is got to be on everyone's bucket list! But how about driving your own tuk-tuk? Wouldn’t that be absolutely awesome!!! Now you can with the Chiang Mai-based Tuk Tuk Tours. On this day you will drive your own tuk-tuk (YES! Drive it yourself) on the road and through the hills in the stunning Mae Wang area. The tuk-tuk experience will begin with your pick up from your Chiang Mai accommodation and driven out to the Tuk Tuk Tours driver training ground at Mae Wang. Your guide will give you a briefing of the day's activities before introducing you to the Tuk Tuks! You are unlikely to have any experience driving a tuk-tuk before so the guide will teach you the basics before you can get in the driver's seat yourself. You will be encouraged to drive around the training ground until you feel comfortable. When everyone is feeling ready it will be time to hit the road! The roads in the Mae Wang area are quiet, picturesque, and wind their way through the hills and small villages, ideal for first-timer to get accustomed to their little machines whilst enjoying the attractive scenery. Our first stop of the day will be at a local shrine and temple where we can climb to the pagoda and enjoy the stunning views over the Mae Wang valley. The drive will continue via a small local temple and then onto the elephant camp. The day will not all be about driving your tuk-tuk as we will also be spending a couple of hours at one of the area's most ethical elephant camps. Before meeting the elephants you will be served a tasty and filling lunch before being introduced to the happy elephants. At this camp, you will be able to get up close and feed these lovely animals before walking them to the river for their bath. Feel free to get involved with their bath time and bring your swimsuit! After our elephant activities, it will be time to try your hand at some bamboo rafting. You will get to take an adventurous ride on simple bamboo rafts. Sit back and enjoy the scenery go by or pick up a pole and help the rafting pilot guide the bamboo raft down the Win River. After our bamboo rafting activities, it will be time to board our tuk-tuks again as we take to the road for our drive to back to tuk-tuk HQ. Here at the end of the day, it will be time to say goodbye to the tuk-tuks and you will be transported back to your Chiang Mai accommodation.
What driving experience do I need?
- All travellers who wish to drive a Tuk Tuk MUST have a driving license from their own country (manual gear) and ideally an International License (particularly for those whose Driving License is not in English)
- Please let us know if you are not used to driving a MANUAL vehicle before your trip – we do have a limited number of AUTOMATIC Tuk Tuks
- No previous Tuk Tuk driving experience is necessary!
Can I book on my own / can I take a whole Tuk Tuk?
- Each Tuk Tuk is shared by up to 3 people who will then share the driving meaning that you get the best of both worlds – time behind the wheel and also time to take in the stunning surrounding and enjoy the breezes in the back seat.
- We actively encourage solo travellers to book this trip – what better way to meet and make friends than sharing time behind the wheel of one of Thailand’s most famous icons.
- Pick up in Chiang Mai 07:45
- Drive to Mae Wang
- Introduction and driver training
- Drive tuk-tuks
- Visit pagoda and temple
- Visit elephant camp
- Elephant feeding
- Walk with elephants to the river
- Bath elephants
- Bamboo rafting
- Drive tuk-tuks back to the training ground
- Transfer back to Chiang Mai at 18:00
Deposit to secure booking
Balance to pay on the tour
|Adult (and child above 130cm)||4,800 Baht||800 Baht||4,000 Baht|
|Child and passenger||4,800 Baht||800 Baht||4,000 Baht|
This tour includes:
- Licensed English speaking guide
- All listed activities
- Driver training
- Transport to Mae Wang by seated and covered pick up
- Elephant and bamboo rafting activities
- Accident insurance
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
Guaranteed daily group departures - 2 personThis tour is guaranteed to depart daily if there is a minimum of two persons booked. If you are a solo traveller then please feel free to make a booking. In the rare event no others are booked on this tour then we will notify you two days before the tour offering you a full refund or alternative programme.
We guarantee our rates are the lowest on the web! We guarantee the lowest rates for all our partner activities too! Find a cheaper rate for the same program and we will beat that price!
Group Join in Tour
You will join a group of up to 13 persons.
Operated By Partner operator
This tour is operated by a specialist operator and not operated by Travel Hub
1. You must be of 18 years of age
2. You must be a competent driver of a manual transmission type car.
3. You must hold a valid driving license for your own country (or an international driving license)
4. You will need to show your license to the operators before the tour starts
Elephants feature on this tour please read the following information: