T1012: Karen Long Neck and Chiang Rai Tour
Price From : 1,550 Baht 1,800 Baht
Experience all the top Chiang Rai attractions in a day as well as the fascinating Padaung (Karen Long Neck), The days highlights include, The Golden Triangle, the magnificent Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) , and taking a boat ride on the Mekong across to the Laos Island of Don Sao.
Combine a visit to the fascinating Karen Long Neck People (Padaung) as well as visiting Chiang Rai Province and The Golden Triangle meeting point of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar. After pick up from your Chiang Mai hotel your first stop will be Mae Khajan hot springs a good spot to take a morning cup of coffee before heading up towards the stunning Wat Rong Khun often named The White Temple due to its dazzling white colour inlaid with mirrored glass. We will then proceed to another famous colour themed temple, Wat Rong Suea Ten where the architecture features an abundance of blue both on the outside and inside of this fascinating temple. After the temple visits we will continue up to the Golden Triangle where you will have the option of a boat trip across the Mekong River to the Laos side of the border. The tour will proceed to Mae Sai the Thai border town with Myanmar this is a good spot for some shopping, local dry foodstuffs, and Chinese imported goods are all in abundance here. You will also get a glimpse of Myanmar itself with it only being situated a mere ten meters away across the river. On the return leg to Chiang Mai, we will stop at the Karen Long Neck village to observe close up this fascinating hill tribe group living in northern Thailand.
1. You will be required to show your original passport if you want to take the boat ride on the Mekong to the Laos side. Please bring this with you if you want to take this option.
2. The Black House Museum is currently being substituted for Mae Sai Market on this tour as the market has not fully recovered/opened after the covid pandemic. But the tour will revert back to Mae Sai Market once it is fully open again.
3. Update: August 2022 Laos authorities are not allowing visitors to get off the boat on the Laos side due to local covid restrictions which are still in place. This will likely change for bookings later in the year. But no date has been given when this restriction will be lifted.
- Pick up from Chiang Mai hotel at 07:30
- Visit Mae Kha Jan hot springs
- Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- Wat Rong Suea Ten (Blue Temple)
- Visit Golden Triangle
- Pre-book option - Boat trip on the Mekong*
- Visit Ban Dam (alternative to Mae Sai)
- Karen Long Neck Village
- Back to Chiang Mai hotel around 21:00
*Pre-book option - please choose this option on the booking form
Deposit to secure booking
Balance to pay on the tour
|Adult (and child above 130cm)||1550 Baht||350 Baht||1200 Baht|
Child (below 130cm tall)
|800 Baht||200 Baht||600 Baht|
This tour includes:
- Licensed English speaking guide
- All listed activities
- Comfortable air-con minibus
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Accident insurance
- Karen Long Neck fee
This tour excludes:
- Pre-book option - Boat trip on Mekong River (300 Baht/person)
- Laos embarkation fee 30 baht/persons
Guaranteed daily group departures - 2 personThis tour is guaranteed to depart daily if there is a minimum of two persons booked. If you are a solo traveller then please feel free to make a booking. In the rare event no others are booked on this tour then we will notify you two days before the tour offering you a full refund or alternative programme.
We guarantee our rates are the lowest on the web! We guarantee the lowest rates for all our partner activities too! Find a cheaper rate for the same program and we will beat that price!
Group Join in Tour
You will join a group of up to 13 persons.
Operated By Partner operator
This tour is operated by a specialist operator and not operated by Travel Hub
We only use modern and comfortable air-conditioned transport. Transport will be by 9 -13 seat minibus
Modern Toyota Commuter minibus - 9 or 13 passenger seat format
|You will join a group of up to 13 other persons. The Maximum group size will be 13 persons.|
Accident insurance is provided to cover medical bills up to a maximum amount of 1,000,000 baht.
Please wear a shirt which covers the shoulders and reaches the waist (a t-shirt will be fine!) For leg wear, at least knee-length shorts or skirts should be worn.